Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between your style (Budokai) and Tae Kwon Do??
- Where did Budokai come from?
- Where are your schools located in the area?
- How many times a week should/could I attend class?
- How long has your style been in existence?
- How long has the Clifton Park school been in its current location?
- Tae Kwon Do is Korean in origin, Budokai is a Japanese Martial art. Tae Kwon Do is known for using mainly kicks and kicking ability for self-defense, we incorporate the whole body.
- We are a traditional based Japanese style, we were originally part of Seido karate, which descended from Kyokushinkai karate
- We currently have another school in the following location:
Albany - 100 Everett Road, Albany, NY 518-458-2018
- We recommend attending class at least twice per week for the juniors-adults. Most students attend three times per week.
Tiny Tigers (4-6 year olds) attend class once a week, with a choice of either Tuesday or Thursday at 4:30.
- US Budokai Karate was founded in March of 1987 by Hanshi William Reid and Kyoshi Russell Jarem, both of whom have over 30 years a piece of martial arts experience.
- We have been located at 215 Guideboard Rd, Clifton Park, for over 15 years.